The Iowa Family Policy Center, along with Alliance Defense Fund and Concerned Women for America, are campaigning in Iowa to:
- impeach a judge who overturned a ban on gay unions as unconstitutional
- promote judicial activism among state Supreme Court justices
- intimidate the Court with a proposed constitutional amendment, and
- allow antigay voters to redefine marriage as being solely between one man and one woman.
Iowa-based ex-gay youth activist Chad Thompson is a former media coordinator for the IFPC.
Thompson now markets himself as a kinder, gentler ex-gay activist who calls upon Christians to love homosexuals as Jesus would. We doubt this self-characterization, but invite Thompson to prove otherwise:
Thompson should repudiate the efforts of IFPC, ADF, and CWFA to:
- discriminate against gay couples
- harass judges
- promote special rights for conservative-Christian opposite-sex couples
- subject the institution of marriage to the whims of Iowa popular opinion, and
- inject bigotry into the most basic documents that govern our states and our nation.