No round-up this week, as it was a pretty mundane week on the wingnut front. They seriously never say anything new. Scroll and click on things and read words, and then you will be enlightened. This PFOX/World Bank thing is pretty grotesque, though. We will surely be keeping you updated as that story develops.
For music this week, let’s go with Tori Amos’s cover of “Landslide.” There are so many versions of this song, not to mention the original, and all are wonderful, but Tori’s is my favorite. She brings out emotions in the song that were always there, but in a new, quieter, yet more intense way. So we’ll start there, hit shuffle on the old iTunes jukebox machine and see where we end up ten songs later.
1. Tori Amos – “Cruel”
2. Robyn – “Dancing On My Own”
3. Neko Case – “I’m an Animal”
4. Neil Young/Stray Gators – “Heart of Gold”
5. The Prodigy – “Funky Shit”
6. The Boy Least Likely To – “Be Gentle With Me”
7. Les Miserables – Original Broadway Cast Recording – “One Day More!”
8. Holcombe Waller – “But You, You’re In Love With Everything Around You”
9. Death Cab For Cutie – “Title and Registration”
10. How To Dress Well – “Date of Birth”
Ooh, I like this Random. Two completely different sides of Tori. The “Cruel” video I’m posting is one of her most epic performances ever, and I had never seen it until I went a-searchin’ on the YouTubes a few minutes ago, somehow. Powerful and kinda scary!