Short week, therefore Friday music shuffle comes on Wednesday afternoon. Last week I started the Random Ten with one of the songs another singer, Lee Taylor, and I played this weekend at our first gig together, John Legend’s “Ordinary People,” which, if you haven’t heard it, is incredible, so go back and check it out. This week I was planning to start with another incredibly beautiful, magical song by My Brightest Diamond, called “Inside A Boy,” which has been a favorite of mine since it came out, and I still am going to start with that. But I realized that it was a perfect pairing, like a perfect wine, with another song that Lee and I play — indeed, it’s the first song that came together almost immediately the first time we rehearsed it, and may end up being our recurring set closer, at least for a while — and that’s “Nature Boy,” one of the finest songs ever written. I’ve chosen the Sarah Vaughan version, because I like it. So My Brightest Diamond, Sarah Vaughan, then we hit shuffle on the old iTunes jukebox and see where things end up ten songs later, listen to music, yadda yadda, then gobble gobble. More videos after the jump!
1. Pink Floyd – “On The Turning Away”
2. Ricardo Villalobos – “Easy Lee”
3. Junkyardmen ft. Mose Vinson – “What Is Your Life”
4. Pat Green – “Southbound 35″
5. Tori Amos – “Hey Jupiter”
6. The Seldom Scene – “Take Him In”
7. Kaki King – “So Much For So Little”
8. Daddy Mack Blues Band ft. Billy Gibson – “You Really Got Me” [The Kinks cover]
9. Green Day –“Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)”
10. OK Go – “I Want You So Bad I Can’t Breathe”
The blues. Lovely. Let’s listen.
What a magical song for Thanksgiving. Have a lovely one, however you spend it.