Thanks to your support and generosity, Truth Wins Out had a very successful 2010. Our accomplishments include:
- Organizing the American Prayer Hour, which shed light on how American Evangelicals were behind Uganda’s infamous “Kill the Gays Bill”
- Exposing “ex-gay” activist Arthur Goldberg as a convicted Wall Street con artist
- Highlighting the sexual abuse that often occurs within “ex-gay” ministries
- Helping stop the World Bank from providing tax-payer funds to Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays (PFOX)
- Original Research and daily commentary on the “ex-gay” myth
- Successful media advocacy: The New York Times, CNN Anderson Cooper 360, MSNBC’s The Rachel Maddow Show, The Washington Post, The Irish Times, The Daily Beast and The Globe.
While 2010 was a success story – Truth Wins Out does not plan to rest on its laurels. We don’t have the luxury of living in the past.
As 2011 quickly approaches, the “ex-gay” organization Exodus International is ramping up its new strategic plan targeting vulnerable LGBT youth. Believe it or not, some of the youngsters they are focusing on with their insidious lies are in Middle School — as young as 11-years old!!
To help counter Exodus, I am launching a 15-state, multi-media speaking tour in late January exposing the “ex-gay” myth in some of the most conservative and rural parts of America. The states I will be visiting include, North Dakota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina and Virginia.
Please consider sponsoring this important tour with a tax-deductible contribution. You can give a holiday gift of $10 or $35 to help cover expenses on the road. Or, you can sponsor a city for $500 or an entire state for $1,000!
It is crucial that Truth Wins Out delivers its vital message in the places where Exodus International spreads its dangerous misinformation. We can only articulate the harm of such groups – particularly the danger they pose to youth – with your help.
Thank you for your kindness, friendship and support. Nothing we have done or will accomplish in 2011 can happen without you. Please consider a generous tax-deductible gift to Truth Wins Out today.
Truth Wins Out
Founder & Executive Director
Post Office Box 96
Burlington, Vt. 05402